🎶 Ohhh honey honey. You are my candy girl. And you got me wanting you 🎶
okay okay enough singing! Let’s get into learning about what the heck honey skin is and how you can achieve it!
Honey skin is a fairly new term here in Australia but it has been around for years in Korea. It is very similar to glass skin but so much easier to achieve which is bloody amazing for us lazy gals. Who even has time for an intensive skincare routine anyway? We’ve got love island to watch!
So, what is honey skin?
Honey skin is all about hydrated, dewy skin that is deeply plumped with nourishment. Skin that is so enriched with moisture that it literally GLOWS and has a healthy sheen (just like the appearance of honey! Duh, that’s where the name came from)
How is honey skin different to glass skin?
Well I’m glad you asked that, me. Honey Skin is richer with super glowy hydration where skin looks enriched and super moisturised whereas Glass Skin is skin so clear and hydrated that it’s almost translucent. Glass skin focuses heavily on the texture of the skin, while the goal of Honey Skin is to have skin that looks healthy. Honey skin is easily achievable for any age or skin type. And in my opinion, you should be aiming for healthy skin over “perfect” skin. There’s no such thing as perfect skin TBH.
here’s the low down on how to get honey skin:
Honey skin is easily achievable with just 5 simple steps. Argh, thank god it’s not a 10 step routine. I just can’t handle that these days, I have very important and not at all trashy shows to watch!
- Cleanse properly. Double cleansing is the best way to ensure your skin is properly cleansed and ready to soak in all those hydrating products.
- Follow with a deeply hydrating toner or face mist. This helps to prepare your skin to absorb your oils & serums.
- Apply a deeply moisturising and nourishing face oil.
- Layer a lotion/emulsion moisturiser
- Twice a week exfoliate your skin. This ensures your skin is free of dead skin cell build up allowing your hydrating products to penetrate faster and deeper making them more effective.
i personally think Davide and Ekin-Su are a great coup… ohhh you want my final thoughts on honey skin.. Gotcha! Here they are!
The key to achieving honey skin is nourishing face oils and hydrating cleansers/lotions that offer long lasting nourishment and hydration to get that healthy glow. We aren’t trying to achieve flawless or poreless skin, we are trying to achieve healthy skin which is why we love honey skin so much! No matter your age or skin type you’ll be able to achieve the look of honey skin with a great (and simple) routine!